Various Denon and two Marantz AV receivers can now be updated to allow Auro-3D surround processing.
Confirmed by QualiFi in Australia are four models ready for the update:
- Marantz SR7010 AV receiver
- Marantz AV7702mkII surround preamplifier
- Denon AVR-X4100W AV receiver
- Denon AVR-X4200W AV receiver - AVR-X5200W AV receiver
- Denon AVR-X6200W AV receiver
- Denon AVR-X7200WA AV receiver
- and the Sound+Image award-winning AVR-X7200W AV receiver
In the Australian market these upgrades can be obtained through the European websites and, unlike the recent free firmware upgrades for DTS-X compatibility, there is a charge for the Auro-3D upgrade. Users will need an internet connection and a PayPal account, the cost is €149 (about $220).
For the Denon upgrades visit here.
For more on Auro-3D, Auro Technologies has a good PDF primer here.