Clarion’s $899 VT1020A motorised rooftop monitor should put at least a temporary stop to the cries of ‘Are we there yet?’. With two-zone playback support, a head unit can send audio and video to the monitor without distracting the driver, while two rear-seat passengers can use infra-red headphones connected to the monitor, keeping the front seats entirely isolated from the entertainment being used to keep those back-seat passengers in their own little world.
The monitor itself is a 1280x800 HD TFT active LCD screen with LED backlighting, ready to play back high or standard definition movies from the head unit via HDMI or composite AV connections. There’s also support for USB and a second HDMI input, enabling local use of alternative media sources such as video game consoles or portable media players.
The entire unit can be installed discreetly flushed with your vehicle’s roof when retracted, while chrome trimming adds a touch of class. It drops down at a tap on the provided remote control.
• Screen size : 10.1 inch anti-glare LED-backlit LCD
• Resolution : 1280 x 800
• Brightness : 300 cd/m2
• Horizontal Viewing Angle: 85°
• Vertical Viewing Angle: 85°
• Inputs: HDMI (x2), USB, Composite Video
• Output: Audio Out (RCA), Audio Out (wireless through IR)
• Flip Angle : 0° - 120°
• Video Format: DAT, MPG, MPEG, MPEG2 -TS, MPEG2 -PS, MP4 (MPEG4, XVID)
Contact: Clarion Australia