LOVE YOUR PICTURES?
Want To Win a Prize For Them?
The Fujifilm Showcase is an annual competition run by Australian Camera magazine. The competition has six rounds, with the judges selecting a Winner plus Highly Commended and Commended images for each round, all three of which are published in Australian Camera magazine.
At the end of the year the overall Winner of that year’s Fujifilm Showcase is selected, again with full coverage in Australian Camera magazine.
Fujifilm Australia generously supplies the prizes.
GRAND PRIZE: The grand prize for the 2016 competition was the highly-desirable Fujifilm X70 Black high-end compact camera, valued at $1049 and combining a Fujinon 18.5mm f2.8 wide-angle prime lens (equivalent to 28mm) with a 16.7 megapixels (total) X-Trans CMOS II ‘APS-C’ sized sensor. The stylish X70 also has a tilt-adjustable LCD monitor screen with touch controls, an all-metal bodyshell with milled dials and 77-point wide-area super-fast autofocusing. The 2017 competition will have a comparable prizes. For more information about the X70 visit www.fujifilm.com.au
ROUND WINNERS: The winner of each round wins a Fujifilm 32GB SDHC memory card, the author of the Highly Commended image receives a Fujifilm 16GB SDHC memory card and the Commended image wins its creator a Fujifilm 8.0GB SD memory card.
HOW TO ENTER:
The 2016 Fujifilm Showcase is now complete, so entries received from now will be entered in the 2017 competition, with the first Roujnd winners published in the November/December 2016 issue of Australian Camera.
BY MAIL: You can enter by sending your images files on DVD or USB drive. Please make sure your DVDs or USB drives are marked with your name and address, and include a self-addressed and postage-paid envelope if you would like your disc or drive returned.
BY EMAIL: Files can be sent directly via email to email@example.com.
- You can enter the Fujifilm Showcase as many times as you like during the year, submitting up to four photographs each time.
- Images should be at 300 dpi resolution, at a file size which enables a reproduction of up to 20x15cm. Please avoid submitting overly large file sizes, especially when emailing the images. Up to 4.0MB in file size should be sufficient. Digital retouching and manipulation is permitted, but the judges will continue to reward good in-camera techniques.
- Full details of the camera, lens, film/capture details and any retouching must be supplied with the image. If sending by mail you can use the form in each issue of Camera magazine (photocopies are allowed); this form is available on PDF here. If sending to firstname.lastname@example.org, include this information with your images.
- Images can be titled if you wish, but this isn’t essential.
- It is not a requirement that entries to the Fujifilm Showcase be taken on Fujifilm camera equipment.
- The Fujifilm Showcase is open only to Australian residents.
Why not have a go? Not only can you win some great prizes, but it’s also a chance to see one of your pictures in print.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Competition is open to Australian residents only. The 2017 Fujifilm Showcase begins 00.01 AEST 15 July 2016 and ends 23:59 AEST 14 July 2017. This is a game of skill and the creative and successful images as judged by the Australian Camera judges will win. Six round winners will receive a 32GB Fujifilm SD card valued at $40. Six round highly commended winners will receive a 16GB Fujifilm SD card valued at $29. Six round commended winners will receive a 8GB Fujifilm SD card valued at $15. The grand prtize winner will receive a Fujifilm X70 camera or equivalent, valued at $1049. Total prize pool value approximately $1553. The grand prize winner will be judged on 16 July 2017 at nextmedia Level 6, 207 Pacific Hwy, St Leonards NSW 2065. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be announced in Camera magazine November-December issue 2017.