CE ChinaTuesday, 17 November 2015 07:44
Messe Berlin, organisers of IFA Berlin, has announced a new exhibition to take place in Shenzen, China, next April. The inaugural ‘CE China’ exhibition is being tagged as “A Global IFA Event”, and will take place at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center from 20–22 April 2016.
“CE China builds on the huge success of the IFA concept and years of close co-operation with China’s consumer electronics and household appliances industry and their channel partners,” says Messe Berlin.
The exhibition has already gained support from Alibaba and Gome for its inaugural event, and other retail groups have already signalled support.
“This increases the show’s credibility, and allows it to tap into their deep retail networks that spans the entire country,” says Messe Berlin.
For Australian companies, the new show delivers a major event in our own region which focuses solely on consumer electronics and home appliances.
“This new event takes place in the world’s largest market,” says Rudi Barth of The Fair Company, Messe Berlin’s representative in Australia. “China presents unparalleled opportunities to gain a foothold or expand your success in the China market and to join leading international
brands at China’s only trade show dedicated exclusively to consumer electronics and home appliances. As an opportunity for your products, I urge you to give this show your consideration.”
Messe Berlin highlights some of the attractions of the China market in consumer electronics terms:
- In 2014-2015, China’s consumer electronics industry grew 5% to US $281.1 billion.
- In 2016, China’s retail market will be worth US $4.2 trillion.
- By 2020, the share of urban households earning US $16,000 a year or more will grow to 57% from 8% in 2012.
- 44% of Chinese internet users say that they find and use new technology products and services as much as possible.
- By 2030, China’s middle class will spend US $10 trillion a year on technology and related services.
CE China takes place in China’s most advanced pilot region, Shenzhen, close to Hong Kong and Macau, and in the midst of highly prosperous Southern China. For more information about the show, contact The Fair Company.